With its Europe Office, the association Deutsche Bauchemie is represented in Brussels at the heart of the European Union.
The Europe Office was officially opened in January 2015. It is located in the immediate vicinity of the European Parliament and in short walking distance from the European Commission: at the Brussels representation of the German chemical industry association Verband der Chemischen Industrie (VCI). The Europe Office shares a building with the federation of German industries Verband der Deutschen Industrie (BDI) and is a neighbour of the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC). This makes a good basis for excellent networking.
The general range of tasks of the Europe Office includes the following:
- Permanent monitoring of relevant political developments and legislative processes,
- Reporting on events in Brussels,
- Exchange with European associations and maintaining the contact network,
- Gathering information and preparing it for bodies, committees etc,
- Participation in the development of position papers and giving political advice,
- Targeted advocacy of DBC positions,
- Supporting the Executive Board, Management and Head Office Team in the exchange with European institutions
Current thematic focus:
- Internal market for construction products (Construction Products Regulation, European harmonised standards); Green Deal (circular economy, renovation wave), COVID-19 reconstruction.
Deutsche Bauchemie e.V.
German Industry Association for Construction Chemicals
Rue Marie de Bourgogne 58